bluebells

bluebells

Saturday 2 July 2011

One Turtle Dove, but thats always enough..

Bloody Turtle Dove!! I spent 2010 thinking they were made up! Everyone else was seeing the apart from me! Then I got lucky.. A few weeks ago on Stockbridge Down - and one finally obliged. Wondering if Lightening could possibly strike twice I headed back today to 'grab a money shot'.. Ok, no joy there, but was v happy to hear then see one of these semi-fictional beasts. Purring away in one of the middle copses..







Shots arent great, they are hard to get close to, unless youre called Joe.

From there I nipped down to Acres Down in the New Forest.


Got very lost in the woodland and thought I was a done for! but eventually found the Car Park again.. phew!! A walk up to the Raptor View Point proved the most valuable part of the trip as 2 Goshawk were flying over the treetops. (never seen more than 1 since this May).. and there were plenty of my new fave birds about too.. Sorry Wheatear, but Redstarts are straight in at No.1!! too bloody quick to photo though..

No comments:

Post a Comment