bluebells

bluebells

Monday 14 March 2016

Another day by the sea!!

Two of the last four days spend down the South Coast! The return to work will seem so very painful tomorrow. Back to a company that doesn't want you, but partner agencies do. Funding cuts mean redundancy is only a few months away. In all honesty I love the job, the people, but motivation is waning. The next step is never far from my mind - I just need to work out what that is exactly.

Anyhoo. Making the most of my remaining annual leave I headed down to Titchfield today. Target bird was one of the Penduline Tits that has been frequenting the reserve on and off for the last couple of months. I must be one of only a few birders who have not caught up with them yet.

Sadly, despite a great day, with amazing sunshine, that is still the case.

The Meadow Hide is where the birds were last listed at so that was my first port of call.
Not a complete waste of time as a Red Kite was mobbing a Marsh Harrier.  A long way off, so pics not great, and a pair of Barnacle Geese also in the distance. (Click on pics to enlarge).




A male Kestrel hovered very close to the Hide, it missed what ever it was trying to catch, but I managed to get a few snaps.





Walking along the coast line to the other half of the reserve I checked the sea for anything of interest. Plenty of Brent Geese here, along with Turnstone and Oystercatchers.






On the shoreline, next to some Oiks were some very small white birds. Not seen any before but I kept saying Sanderling to myself. I was right :-)



Big boats moored up at Fawley Oil Refinery.



Back on the reserve, once again checking every bit of reedbed, managed to snap a few pics of Avocet and Med Gulls.






Another day, another sunburnt head. Working for a living is so overrated. No matter how much you love your job.


No comments:

Post a Comment