bluebells

bluebells

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Bowdown Bluebells.

Unintentional, but possibly quite fitting that after using my blog to explain my redundancy situation and next move, that the first post after is solely about my new 'office'.

As a Neighbourhood Warden we have been checking Bowdown Woods in Greenham for a long time. Our area of focus is more on the car parking areas and connecting lanes but we do go in to the woods from time to time, normally on a foot patrol from one car park to the other but we do lead our Walk for Health group in there once a year.
The reason for that visit is the stunning bluebells.

Greenham Parish is an amazing place for Bluebells. Bowdown, West Wood (south of the main Greenham estate) and the bottom of Audrey's Meadow have to be the best locations I know for the  Spring flowers. The woodland floors are blue carpets and the smell is high up in my all time Top 5!
The bluebells seem a bit late this year, surprising considering the mild winter, and sunny days have been a bit rare, but today myself and my colleague Jim had a stroll with cameras around the woods and took a few snaps.

BBOWT (Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wildlife Trust) manage Bowdown Woods and as a Conservation Trainee, based at their depot on Greenham Common (next door) I imagine there will be quite a bit of time spent in Bowdown. Bring it on!











I daren't tell you about some of the stuff we have found in the past in the parking laybys etc. as wardens, cos even I struggle to believe it some time..

No comments:

Post a Comment