bluebells

bluebells

Sunday 19 June 2016

Tales of the riverbank - June.

Two weeks of my new training covered in blog posts, then BBOWT asked me to 'guest blog' on my experiences of being a Conservation Trainee, linked in with the 30 Days Wild experience..  So, here is week 3 in a write up.

I probably wont write too much more about the new day job, maybe a monthly summary?  I'm learning and seeing lots of new things, but need to get back to the 'days out' theme, where this all began.

So, Rooksbury. My local nature reserve is booming. Lots of hatchings and spawnings and what ever its called when damselflys go upstairs and leave the water for their new chapter in life.

The cygnets are now a month old and the baby water vole, in fact all water vole are getting harder to spot as the vegetation grows. They are still there but not so easy to see. 

The wild flower meadow, (read bit of grass that isn't really managed) has many many bee orchids in it. I've never seen one before this year and now they are like buses! At work we saw 31 in a very small area. Great to see.   

A few pics from June. in chronological order. click to enlarge.









 two weeks old




 Female banded demoiselle.

 Damselfly mating

 3 weeks old and looking very much more like the adult version each week.


  

The bee orchids


No comments:

Post a Comment