bluebells

bluebells

Friday 19 April 2019

Bank Holiday Bonanza

Today saw another trip down to Pennington. My third in two weeks!!

It's Good Friday and a scorcher was on predicted, so like the rest of the South of England I headed to the coast.  Up early enough (after a late shift yesterday) I managed to miss most of the traffic and was at Pennington by 9.30. The air was full of the sound of reed warblers, sedge warblers and whitethroat, and the marshes were full of (breeding plumage) Ruff!  Amazing to see how they've changed in such a short space of time.  (when I say full of, I mean three or four,   good enough).

Snapped all the rest as I walked all along the sea front..
Home now and searching for the after-sun.
Click on pics to enlarge.  Ta for stopping by.








Cetti's Warbler

Whitethroat






A flock of Eider duck, way out, and in to the glistening channel.

Little Egret

The spotted redshank are also changing colour.



a lot of squaking alerts me to a distant cuckoo being mobbed

and then a couple of mallard chase a grass snake across one of the lagoons.

You know those avocet I snapped mating last week??  ;o)



Five spoonbill today, mostly sleeping in the distance.

The Black Tailed Godwits are looking stonking in their summer strip.

First Little Tern of the year,  heard one fly past, then saw seven on Normandy Lagoon

White Wagtail, not seen one of these for quite a while.



Hirst Castle, with The Needles behind.


The coastal path.  Being at the seaside, with out the crowds and traffic. Perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment