bluebells

bluebells

Monday 9 January 2012

The 1st adventure...

with the new camera..  

Happy Christmas to me as I bought myself a Canon EOS 600 over the Christmas period..  I have always wanted an digital SLR but have previously resisted buying a good camera until I could use the more basic ones I've had in the past..  In truth, I'm still the fumbling idiot with a camera, but have missed taking black and white shots, so after much hiding inside over the Xmas, I finally ventured out..  
Combe Gibbet and Hungerford Marshes were the chosen destinations.. 
Both excellent areas of countryside that favour the b&w shots.

Combe Gibbet is famous locally as a wooden post that 2 local criminals, back in the day, have previously been hung from (hung in Winchester Prison and then taken to the Gibbet) to remind locals why they shouldn't break the law...  more info on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combe_Gibbet if you're bored.  

And if you're really bored... . and brave... go up there at night time. SPOOKY!!!



 Synchronised Sheep

 A fishing comp on the Kennet and Avon Canal at Marsh Lock, Hungerford.

 A 'hovis' shot.

I believe this dog used to be in Dexy's Midnight Runners?

No comments:

Post a Comment