bluebells

bluebells

Monday 23 January 2012

Bransbury Common, Owl Mecca.

The last day of a 3 day weekend and the wind had finally dropped..
Bransbury Common had been the chosen destination for a while, but the wind has been too strong recently to consider sitting in a field for 2 hours as the temperature drops.
Why Bransbury??  Owls..  Short Eared Owls to be precise.. A good spot on the right day, as my friend Grant had seen 5 the Monday before.. Joe (http://birdthings.blogspot.com/) had introduced Bransbury to me late last year, and being so close I can see a lot of time being spent there.
Last Sunday it offered great views of a Barn Owl hunting and today the same, plus we got lucky in seeing 2 Short Eared Owls..
Still learning with my new camera, so shots are brilliant at all, but we'll get there.

 The Barn Owl flying over us, checked us out, and flew over us again.. Magic!



 Sitting in a boggy field, I'm glad I took my flask and a plastic bag to sit on!

 In between the Owl shows, a Roe Deer decided to come over and check us out.

The SEO's came out as we were losing the light.. Great to see at least 2 flying around (probably 3).
Lots more learning and practice needed in the camera department though.

No comments:

Post a Comment