bluebells

bluebells

Thursday 17 January 2013

Back to the Gallops

Autumn turning to winter and it was time to go and see if the Short Eared Owls had returned to my local site.
They aren't listed on www.berksbirds.co.uk (but every other counties websites) to protect them.. So unless you hear from someone else that they have returned - there is only one other way to find out. So I headed up there on the 11th of November to see for myself.

I got the answer I was hoping for, as I crested the hill - I saw one flying around. Fairly early, at 3 p.m.. This was then joined by a couple more. Giving pretty good views.

On the hunt for food.

 Found some?

And then I got lucky..

A good afternoon!
I've been back twice since, but haven't had as good views since.
I'll keep trying though.


1 comment:

  1. I really do like that short-eared owl pic - it's fabulous

    ReplyDelete