bluebells

bluebells

Thursday 17 January 2013

Otter Spotting...

Living on Rooksbury Lakes was the inspiration of this blog.  So much to see for a small reserve. When living there I could easily lose a couple of hours a day, wandering around, experiencing the rich and diverse sights..
Its an area that I have come close to moving back to recently, it is only the daily commute that put me off. 

Fickle?

Anyways.. As shown in previous posts, the area is now blessed to have a family of Otters calling it home. Bold as you like too!.. And on Sunday I was lucky enough to get another view - and for 90 minutes!!

After hearing of some good views and activity in the morning I headed down to meet a friend on the lake.  
We located where they were living, from the sounds made by the new youngsters and set up, waiting for them to come out.  Sadly the youngsters didn't, but Mummy Otter was present in the main lake for well over 90 minutes.. It was getting dark, cold and I had to leave, but it was very very hard to tear myself away from watching her fish the main lake.  
I wasn't alone too. Word had got out and a large crowd were present, enjoying the free show of one of nature's greatest events.. For many it was their first sighting of a wild Otter. 















A very good day.. and so pleased its all happening at Rooksbury. A fantastic place.




No comments:

Post a Comment